RULES FOR THE RENTING OF THE AUDITORIUM OF STATE CENTRAL LIBRARY, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
1. These rules may be called “The Rules for the lending of the Auditorium of the State Central Library, Thiruvananthapuram”.
2. Definitions – In these, Rules unless the context otherwise requires:-
(a) “The Auditorium” means State Central Library Auditorium, Thiruvananthapuram
(b) “Day Time” means the duration starting at 6.00 hrs and ending at 18.00 hrs on the same day.
(c) “Night Time” means the duration starting at 18.00 hrs and ending at 6.00 hrs on the next day.
3. (a) The Auditorium shall not be allotted to any one including Government Departments free of charges.
(b) Government Department shall pay only half of the prescribed rate of rent, but
shall pay all other charges in full.
4. The party requiring the use of the Auditorium may reserve the Auditorium subject to availability by directly reserving with the State Librarian, State Central Library, Thiruvananthapuram.
5. The State Librarian shall have the power to decline any application/ cancel any reservation without assigning any reason and no claims for damages or loss on that account would lie to the State Central Library/Government.
6. The rates of rent and other charges for the use of the Auditorium shall be fixed from time to time by Government.
7. The cost of the establishment, maintenance of the auditorium, stage, buildings and premises and maintenance of the electrical installations shall be borne by the PWD.
8. The Government shall have power to alter, amend or repeal these rules at any time in consultation with State Librarian, State Central Library, Thiruvananthapuram.
9. In respect of matters not specifically provided in these rules and wherever there, is any doubt in regard to interpretation or applicability of any of these rules, the decision of Government shall be final.
10. The duties and responsibilities of the staff employed for the management and maintenance of the Auditorium shall be issued by the State Librarian.
11. Subject to the provisions of these rules, the auditorium will be let on hire by the State Librarian on application made to him for the following purposes:
Public or Private lectures, concerts, theatrical and musical performances, conferences, semianars/book exhibitions or other entertainments, conducive to the moral, social, intellectual and physical welfare of the people, in such a manner or subject to such terms, conditions and rules as the Government shall from time to time prescribe. The Auditorium shall also be alloted for exhibition-cum-sales conducted/sponsored by Public Sector Undertakings of the Government of India and State Governments.
12. Normally, the State Central Library Auditorium is allotted on “first come first served” basis except when there is any Government function requiring cancellation of a confirmed reservation.
13. The Auditorium will not be let out for conducting marriages or similar private ceremonies or meetings of the political parties.
14. The Auditorium shall not normally be allotted to the same party for more than 3 days in a month. However, in exceptionally deserving cases the Government shall have power to relax this provision.
15. The premises of the State Central Library shall not be allotted for any purpose.
16. The Accounts of the Auditorium shall be audited by the Accountant General (A&E), Kerala, perodically.
17. All communications relating to renting of the Auditorium shall be addressed to the State Librarian, State Central Library, Thiruvananthapuram in the prescribed manner and shall be disposed of by him as per rules. However, applications for allotment of the auditorium for exhibition cum sales shall be addressed to Government with a copy to the State Librarian and such applications shall be disposed of by Government.
18. Request for allotment of the Auditorium for Government purpose should be recommended by Heads of Department/ Administrative Departments in Secretariat. A treasury savings bank account will be opened in the District Treasury, Thiruvananthapuram in favour of the State Librarian.
19. The rent collected will be deposited to the above account. The amount forfeited towards damages etc. also will be deposited to the above SB account.
20. The rent and other charges once remitted shall not on any account be refunded, provided, however, a refund, shall be made to the lessee, if for not fault on his/her part, the Auditorium is not made available to him/her.
21. Smoking and the use of alcoholic drinks are strictly prohibited in the Auditorium and its premises.
22. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in these rules, it shall be competent for the Government to relax any of the provisions.
23. Functions of the State Librarian
(i) All communications relating to renting of the Auditorium shall be addressed to the State Librarian, State Central Library, Thiruvananthapuram in the prescribed manner and shall be disposed of by him as per rule.
24. Rules and conditions to be observed by the lessee.
(1) After ascertaining the availability of the Auditorium of State Central Library, the party shall remit the rent in the Office of the State Librarian, Thiruvananthapuram within two days from the date of application.
(2) If the applicant fails to remit the rent of the Auditorium within the stipulated time the application will stand rejected.
(3) The lessee shall deposit a sum of Rs.2500 in cash as security deposit for one day and Rs.500 for each additional day of reservation with the State Librarian, State Central Library. The amount shall be paid on or before the day previous to the actual day on which the auditorium is required. This deposit will be refunded on application by the Party as Treasury Cheque after deducting there from the charges payable by the lessee towards damage to the Auditorium, its fittings and furniture, if any, after use.
(4) The security deposit or balance thereof, after adjusting the dues, if any, if not claimed and received within five days from the final day of the programme will be forfeited.
(5) The lessee or his/her agent shall not sublet or lease the Auditorium to anyone under any circumstances.
(6) The lessee or his/her agent shall on no account damage or disfigure the Auditorium, furniture or the premises.
(7) Any damage done to the Auditorium or the furniture during the lessee’s occupancy must be made good by him/her.
(8) The lessee or his/her agent shall not prevent the State Librarian or employees of the auditorium in the discharge of their duties during the lessee’s occupancy.
(9) The lessee or his/her agent shall not prevent the State Librarian or employees of the Auditorium from entering or leaving the Auditorium at any time during the lessee’s occupancy.
(10) All arrangements like seating, lighting decoration, PA system etc. within the Auditorium and its premises will be carried out only after consulting the State Librarian.
(11) The allottees shall arrange to remove at their own expense the junk/garbage that they generate; before vacating the Auditorium. A sum of Rs.100 per day will be recovered from the security deposit in case the Auditorium is not cleaned by the occupants after the function is over.
(12) The allottees should refrain from any activities that may spoil or damage the beauty, attraction and heritage value of the Auditorium and its premises.
(13) State Librarian/Government shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the properties of the allottee.
(14) The allottee will be permitted to exhibit banner subject to the prior approval of the State Librarian in front of the Auditorium.
(15) The lessee shall give written undertaking in the form prescribed in the application accepting full responsibility for any damage that may be caused and agreeing to make good such damage.
(16) The lessee shall not allow any vendors to sell any articles within the auditorium or its premises.
25. Scale of charges for the use of the auditorium
(1) For Government Institutions rate which is charged.
a) For 1 day Rs.2070
b) For 2 days : Rs.4140
(2) For private Institutions rate which is charged.
|For 1 day
|For 2 days
|Security deposit for one day
|For 2 days
|Electricity charges per day
|(Electricity charges in respect of exhibitions will be based on the actual consumption)
|Rs.40 per day, Rs 75/- for 2 days
|Rs.525 per day
Note: For Government Departments, the rent will be half of the normal rates and the full charges towards Security deposit, Electricity/Water/Service/Cleaning Charges